· "Building Women's Financial Capability: A path towards transformation", co-authored with Julia Arnold, Center for Financial Inclusion
· "Financial inclusion for refugees: learning from Financial Sector Deepening, Uganda", co-authored with Jeremiah Gatlin and Kim Wilson, Leir Institute, Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy
· “Reaching the last mile: customer centricity for fintechs”, co-authored with Varinder Gambhir, Sunanda Singhal and Myla Swallow
· “Treating agents as customers at AMK, a Cambodian microfinance institution”, case study for CGAP’s customer centric guide
· “At the heart of all we do: Janalakshmi’s journey from a microfinance institution to a small finance bank”, case study, co-authored with Gayatri Murthy, included in CGAP’s customer centric guide
· Innovations in Financial Capability, report published by the Center for Financial Inclusion at ACCION
* PMJDY: An analysis of policy design and implementation gaps, published by The Hindu Center for Politics Public Policy
· “ 3 lessons for building resilience through customer centricity", CGAP blog, co-authored with Hiroko Tanaka, 09 June 2021
· “How to transform agent banking with an agent-centric approach?”, CGAP blog, August 15, 2017
· “India’s latest advances in financial inclusion: a day in Royyuru”, a blog about IDFC Bank’s experiences in financial inclusion with Aadhar Pay, co-authored with Gayatri Murthy, July 27, 2017
· “Do Indian Policymakers Understand the Financial Lives of the Poor?”, Center for Financial Inclusion Blog, November 21, 2016
· “For successful financial inclusion in India, build customer financial capability”, podcast on Center for Financial Inclusion blog, published May 17, 2016
· “What fintechs must do to be successful”, op-ed in LiveMint, 14 October 2018
· “What next after financial inclusion?”, Op-Ed, Hindu Business Line, April 19, 2016
· “Casting the DBT net wide: Puducherry’s experience”, report on Direct Benefit Transfers, published in the Hindu Business Line, November 2, 2015
· “A bank account for Mary”, Op-ed, The Hindu, 17 August 2015
The Journeys project at Tufts University examines the stories of migrants and refugees as they traverse the planet to better understand the costs and survival strategies as well as the approaches they use to settle into a new and unfamiliar home.
This video was shot by Devang Shah, to capture my personal reflections from conducting research with Albanian American immigrants and Somalian American immigrants in the United States as a part of this project.
Research papers forthcoming.
This was part of a project between CGAP and Janalakshmi that involved extensive customer research and translating insights to improve customer experience at branches.